Monday 3 September 2012

Scottish Smallholder and Growers Festival

I am really excited to be taking part in the first ever Scottish Smallholder and Growers Festival in Forfar on September the 30th.

I will be having a craft stand so if you are in the area I would love to see you!

I'm afraid my Smallholdings knowledge is pretty  non-existant...... pig = pork..... chickens = eggs.... but my sister, who has bred horses for years, has really been getting into it.  Planting veg, making chutneys, lots of fresh eggs.
This year she has kept her firsts pigs
which have just gone off to the slaughterhouse and we're really looking forward to the pork return! It's been great for the children to have such a real, hands on experience with where their food comes from.

There will be lots of demonstrations, presentations and of course competitions and I'm really looking forward to seeing what makes a prize pig!
It looks like a fun, informative and educational day out for all of the family and I challenge anyone not to be inspired to eat more locally produced fare by the time they leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment