Monday 1 July 2013

A Trip to Sleat, Floraidh and Ragamuffin on the Isle of Skye

I needed to take this little collection down to the beautiful little boutique Floraidh, in Isle Ornsay, Sleat. So accompanied by my friend Angela and my little munchkin, Chlo, we used the excuse for lunch and a day trip.


If you've never visited this part of Skye before, you have to put it on your list of places to go, the landscape and scenery is breathtaking and there is a lovely feel to the place.  My husband and I got married in Duisdale a couple of years ago and our wedding photo's were taken right next to Floraidh so this is just a peak at the view.

 When visiting Sleat, you will have to go down to Armadale and pop into Ragamuffin.  Now, I know I'm biased as I used to work here but it is quite possibly the best shop....EVER. 
I love the colours and the beautiful and quirky outfits, here's a quick snap of some of the displays.  There was also a gorgeous raspberry/chocolate one in the window but there were customers standing by it and they might have thought it a little odd if I started photographing them!



I know it's a bit cheesy to take photo's of yourself in the mirror......BUT....I fell in love with this Annie Glue scarf and thought I'd drop a few unsubtle hints to my husband about how it looks like it was made for me.... ;)
I'm also loving the new changing rooms - these are a new addition since I worked here and they are FABULOUS!  
Obviously I should be wearing a Jellycat on my head or something for a proper Ragamuffin photo....

Of course.... Chlo was delightfully happy trying on hats until I whipped out the camera!

After saying hello to the girls in Rags, we had to have lunch from the Pasta Shed. Made me very sad I'm not working down here anymore!

Then a visit over to Skyelark and Grumpy George's where I saw the most beautiful embellished Harris Tweed cushion handmade by the shop owner, Serena.  I wish I'd taken a quick snap so that I could have shown you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment