Monday 12 May 2014

The Painted House Patterned Rollers

Oh my goodness..... Have you tried these patterned paint rollers from The Painted House? They are amazing! You can use them on walls, paper, fabric (which I can't wait to try out).
Originally, I had planned to paint our back hallway with the Tussock roller, but with all of the "real life" that the area undergoes.....wet children in dirty waterproofs, husband in welly boots, 2 year old with dirty hands etc I'd be constantly worrying about if I could clean without the pattern wiping off.
I opted for 3 square panels of pattern instead, which gave me the perfect opportunity to have a play with my latest obsession for Annie Sloan paints ;)


After having a wee play mixing Provence with Old white, and Empires Silk with Old White to get the colours I needed (I wanted them to tie in with the colours in our kitchen as the hall leads into the kitchen).
I masked off 3 squares with Frog Tape (amazing stuff that stops your paint bleeding under the edges like normal masking tape).



And the finished hallway....




No comments:

Post a Comment